CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 1, 2007

Lines to Remember

When it comes to poetry, I am a big fan of metaphors. So with that being said here are some of my favorite lines from poems, rap songs etc.:

The enemy of my enemy is my inner me ~ Lupe Fiasco

Never met her before, but I think I like her like a metaphor, Hard to get ~ Lupe Fiasco

From now on, I'm a use self control instead of birth control cause 315 dollars ain't worth your soul ~ Common

I'm your worst nightmare squared, that's times two for those who aren't mathematically aware ~ Common

I'm jus' tryna do the opposite of left, As long as there's the opposite of death (ya know). Ya test and I jus' might bring the opposite of life, 'til there's no one the opposite of right ~ Lupe Fiasco


Through my travels I try to take righteous steps Because right or left could mean life or death ~ Rakim

I should be on life support because I'm so damn ill ~ Big L

Jedi mind trick, the way that I rhyme sick, got rap choked up, guess it's time for the heimlich ~ Big L

I'm so ahead of time my parents haven't met yet ~ Big L

Impregnate the world when I come through your speakers ~ Jay-z

Speak with criminal slang, begin like a violin, end like Leviathan, it's deep, well let me try again ~ Nas

I rolled a 666 and beat the devil at dice ~ Papoose

Got a strange way of seeing life, like I'm Stevie Wonder with beads under the doo rag, intuition is there, even when my visions impaired ~ Jay-Z

0 comments: